We produce and package our own consumer brand of naturally derived astaxanthin, ReefAsta™.
Available for purchase directly through our ecommerce store, as well as in a range of natural health food and supplement retailers, ReefAsta™ is uniquely and sustainably Australian-sourced.
TGA approved benefits of ReefAsta™ include:
- Reduces free radicals formed in the body
- Relieves inflammation
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol
- Supports healthy cardiovascular system function
- Helps enhance physical performance
- Maintains cognitive function
- Supports skin health
- Maintains skin firmness
- Maintains skin hydration
An antioxidant from the carotenoid family, astaxanthin is found in a range of organisms, though it’s most abundant in microalgae. In fact, in the microalgae we harvest astaxanthin production allows it to live for over 20 years under conditions that would otherwise be intolerable.
Science has shown that human consumption of astaxanthin can have a profound impact on health and well-being.
We've invested millions of dollars in a cutting-edge facility where we bring astaxanthin to life for human consumption.
Naturally derived astaxanthin is:
- 6000 times stronger than Vitamin C
- 55 times stronger than synthetic astaxanthin
- 5 times stronger than beta-carotene
- 800 times stronger than CoQ10 (ubiquinone)
- 550 times stronger than green tea catechins (phenolic compounds abundant in tea, cocoa and berries)
- 100 times stronger than Vitamin E
Sources: Nishida et al., (2007). Carotenoid Science. Vol 11: 16-20 and Capelli, 2013
Astaxanthin supply forms
Whilst we bottle our own astaxanthin, it’s also available for supply to supplement manufacturers in a range of forms.
Standardised, high-quality oleoresin produced using efficient extraction technology at our manufacturing plant in Queensland. Oil extract is available for purchase by nutraceutical brands and is ideal for blending and capsule production.
For production of hard capsules and tablets, including our own brand of consumer-directed astaxanthin supplements.
If you’d like to learn more about stocking ReefAsta™, or you’re interested in our astaxanthin extracts, you can find out more by submitting your details.